- In-Home Care in Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, SC
- Interactive Caregiving™ in Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, SC
- Respite Care in Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, SC
- Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease Care in Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, SC
- End of Life Care in Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, SC
- Transitioning Home in Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, SC
- Veteran Care in Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach
Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease Care in Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, SC and Surrounding Areas
You are not alone. We can help care for your loved one at home, giving you the support you need.
Caring for a loved one with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease in the home can be physically and emotionally draining. We understand the challenges faced by family caregivers and can help ease the burden.
Our Comfort Keepers® of Myrtle Beach, SC office provides customized care for clients who are experiencing symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Our Comfort Keepers® are specially trained and ready to help.
What is Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease Care?
In general, dementia is a decline in mental ability, such as memory loss or an inability to complete familiar tasks, serious enough to interfere with a person’s daily life. Alzheimer's disease is the most common type of dementia, accounting for 50 to 80 percent of dementia cases. Our services help people with these symptoms by focusing on their remaining abilities and strengths, while assisting with tasks that have become difficult for the client to perform.Contact Us
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Our specially trained dementia-care Comfort Keepers® will
- help maintain a safe environment for the client.
- engage the client in activities that can stimulate the senses, such as music.
- provide meals and bathing assistance.
- support the client and family through the changing behaviors often seen with dementia.
We customize our in-home care to meet each client’s special needs, taking into consideration his or her health and ability. Depending on the client’s needs, Comfort Keepers can provide care for just a few hours a week or provide full-time, in-home care. Through our 24-hour senior care service, a team of Comfort Keepers coordinates caregiving responsibilities in shifts. This offers clients and their families’ full-time peace of mind.